Today’s politics demands professionals with knowledge of the most effective strategies and tactics to win elections, advance legislation, or impact public opinion. Whether at the ballot box or in the halls of government, adept political management separates winners from losers.
Our Political Management master’s program offers a cutting-edge, hands-on curriculum, that teaches the “how” and not the “what” of politics. You will learn the strategies, tactics, and mechanics that get results in politics.
A Political Management degree prepares students to win campaigns for elective office and policy positions, and to do so in a manner that benefits democracy and society as well as their organization and clients. In completing the degree, students will be able to:
1. Assess a political environment, develop a strategy to achieve specified goals, and execute that strategy
2. Draw upon a repertoire of effective campaign communication skills
3. Collect, evaluate, and incorporate empirical evidence to shape and optimize the strategy
4. Find, engage, and motivate the right leaders, professionals, and citizens
5. Recognize and work through recurring political dilemmas in a manner that upholds ethical standards and professional conduct.